tirsdag 20. november 2012

Devoured

Sienna Jensen had no plans to return home when she graduated college last spring—after all, her dreams lie in California. But when she discovers her grandmother’s Nashville home has been foreclosed, and the new owner has started the eviction process, Sienna has no other choice but go back to Music City. And she comes face to face with the flawed, gorgeous man she never thought she’d see again. The man who now holds the deed to her grandma’s estate.

When millionaire rock star Lucas Wolfe finds the outspoken redhead glaring at him from across a courtroom, he’s both infuriated and intrigued. He still can't get the night Sienna almost spent with him out of his mind, and the chemistry between them is as undeniable as it was two years ago. He craves Sienna more than ever. And just like everything Lucas hungers for, he’s determined to have her.

Now, Lucas will do whatever it takes to lure Sienna into his bed, even if that means making a deal with her: ten days with him, playing by his rules, and he’ll hand over the deed to her grandmother’s home. Though she agrees to the arrangement, Sienna is conflicted. Because of her duty to her family. Because of promises she’s made to herself and a past that still haunts her. And as Lucas’s game of seduction continues, and Sienna is introduced to his dark, erotic world and even darker background, she realizes that at any moment, she could be devoured.


Series: Devoured, book 1
Author: Emily Snow
Pages: 165 
Reading time: 4 hours

I was not quite sure if I would like to read this book and spent a long time before I bought it thinking if I would like it. I was afraid that the book would not be for me and afraid that it might be a bit boring.
Oh how wrong I was? This was a great book and I was drawn quickly into the story and realized and understood quickly how Sienna was and why she was the way she was. I soon had sympathy for her and what she was going through with her ​​mother. And I feel a lot of hat for Lucas immediately. But I must say I was soon captivated by his dominant tendencies and falling more and more for him as Sienna does. I realize quickly that he has something to hide and have mood swings like a heavily pregnant woman.

The book has a lot of what I'm looking for in a story and the author has written a very good book. It has hot sex scenes, tearful moments, a little bit of action and plenty of drama. There is very little humor in the book and the book is very depressing in my eyes.

The cover is hot, but I must say I recognize the man in the picture from a different book, allowing my imagination on how he looks change.

The title fits well with how Sienna feels and what Lucas is doing with her.

I can’t wait to read the next book in this series and see where this leads. I'm also looking forward to the sort story that comes where we read Lucas viewpoint.

The book gets 4 of 6

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar