mandag 16. juli 2012

Beautiful Disaster


The new Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn’t drink or swear, and she has the appropriate percentage of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance between her and the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University's Walking One-Night Stand.

Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby needs—and wants—to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the ultimate college campus charmer. Intrigued by Abby’s resistance to his appeal, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis’s apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match.


Author: Jamie McQuire
Pages: 446
Reading time: 6.5 hours


I waited a long time to read this book and doubted that it could be this good. After reading the introduction on both amazon.com and goodreads.com I was still not convinced that this was a book I would read. There was a lot of good praises from some of the authors I follow and I have read their books, and that got me to read the book. They brag the book up and down.

Something I have regretted afterwards, I should have read this book the first time I saw it!


I was not disappointed and was pulled in from the first chapter. The book is extremely funny and I laughed until I cried several times. How Travis tries to get Abby and Abby that reject Travis time and time again. This is one of the best things in the book. At least the first cafeteria scene (This you will understand when you read the book yourself). The book is also sad and tears flowed a few times. The first time I read the book I got butterflies in my stomach and the feeling of being in love. Sex scenes are somewhat tame and not very detailed as some of the books I read. But in this book is not a negative thing.
I feel the author makes me feel and understand the message, if you can call it that. She does a good job and it was hard to put down the story.

I am very pleased with the overall story and the characters seem to change in a positive way all the way.
The book has a lot of violence, sex and alcohol in them and I do not recommend this book to the younger generation but for us from 20 years and upwards, this book perfectly.
Recommend the book to anyone who likes "bad boys" and a lot of fun.



The cover of the book is perfect for the book and I like what it shows.

5 of 6 hearts <3

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar